A sketch of the history of The Junction Road United Presbyterian Church, Leith
Title: Junction Road United Presbyterian Church Leith - A Sketch of its History from its origin in 1822 to the present day
Author: By One of the Elders
Publisher: T. C. & E. C. Jack, Grange Publishing Works, Edinburgh
Hardback - 1st Edition, iv, Frontis, 64pp, B/W and etched illustrations
Additional Product Information
"Leith, Junction Road (Relief) Church originated in 1822 with a congregation who had been occupying the old parish church of North Leith as leaseholders and now petitioned the Relief Church for supply of sermon. The first minister was ordained in 1823. It passed successively to the United Presbyterian and United Free Churches, in the latter case Leith Junction Road, and to the Church of Scotland. The Church of Scotland charge, which was in the presbytery of Edinburgh and the synod of Lothian and Tweeddale, united with Leith St Thomas' as Leith St Thomas'-Junction Road in 1975."
NAS Catalogue - browse - details of record (nrscotland.gov.uk)
A near-fine edition with clean cloth cover boards, straight corners and well bound. The text pages are bright and clean throughout with just some light foxing to the front edage and endpapers. There is perviosu owner and date in ink on the front end paper and under titles on the title page.
Please check the images associated with this Book to gain a clear insight into the book's condition and if you require further details please send an email enquiry.